DIY Book Shelf Bullet Journal Spread – Tombow USA Blog
To commemorate “Read a Book Day,” I’m going to show you how to make a book shelf spread, which is great if you enjoy reading and want to keep track of all the books you’ve read or want to read!
Lightly sketch out your book shelves with your MONO J Drawing Pencil (I made mine one square thick all around), making sure to leave enough room at the top of the page for the title!
How to use a ruler and MONO Drawing Pens to draw in your book shelves, then erase any pencil marks with the MONO Light Eraser.
Using a Monochromatic drawing pen, write the titles of the books you’re currently reading.
Coloring in your books is a fun way to keep track of what you’ve read; you can do it for all the books you’ve ever read or just the ones you’ve already finished; the 1500 Series Colored Pencils are ideal for this project!
Adrienne is sharing her book shelf bullet journal spread, which she created using a Fudenosuke Hard Tip Brush Pen and an inspirational reading quote. Adrienne chose one of my favorite Dr. Seuss quotes for the spread.
How do you make a bookshelf look good with books?
I’ve got three great suggestions for making your bookshelf more stylish.
- Add Color to the Back of Your Bookshelf. This is a great way to make your bookshelf look more harmonious.
- Display Books by Size and Use Bookends. I like to start by dividing up all my books by size.
How do I put books on a bookshelf?
To decorate the bookcase, lean artwork along the back of the shelves and anchor it with books or heavier objects. To give the bookcase depth, place a few small pieces of art near the front of the shelves.
What books do you put on a bookshelf?
To look smart, there are 20 books you should keep on your shelf.
- Douglas Adams’ “The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy.” David Halberstam’s “The Best and the Brightest.” Jonathan Franzen’s “The Corrections.” Walter Isaacson’s “The Innovators.” Leo Tolstoy’s “War and Peace.” David Foster Wallace’s “Infinite Jest.”
Why do decorators turn books backwards?
The main reason why designers like this look is that it reveals the whites of the pages, creating a consistent color palette on your bookshelf. “I love the sculptural effect you get by facing the pages out,” Meininger added. “I hated how we had so many books, but they were all different colors.”
How do I style my bookshelf?
How to: Put together a Bookshelf
- Bring in artwork.
- Mix up book placement.
- Introduce decorative objects.
- Place an item on your stack.
- Decorate in odd numbers.
- Think about adding a vase of things.
How do you draw a small book?
Draw a line through the center of the book and two rectangles from it, with the top and bottom lines curved to give the effect of an open book. Draw a few small lines at the bottom of the pages to represent pages.
What is a single vanishing point perspective drawing?
A one-point perspective drawing has a single vanishing point, which is usually (but not always) directly opposite the viewer’s eye and usually (but not always) on the horizon line, with all lines parallel to the viewer’s line of sight receding to the horizon towards this vanishing point.
How do you make a bookshelf look less cluttered?
Here are the recommendations of six experts.
- Add Large Baskets to the Two Bottom Shelves.
- Add Greenery.
- Group Books More Carefully.
- Add Things That Aren’t Photos or Books.
- Consider Groupings of Three.
How do you hide books on a bookshelf?
With Access to the Books, Hang a Painting
- A picture can hide parts of the shelf that you don’t want to show.
- The picture easily swings open.
- Paint baskets to match the shelving color.
- Vases look good and can be used for storage.