8 Step Anime Boy’s Head & Face Drawing Tutorial
This step-by-step tutorial will teach you how to draw an anime boy’s head and face, as well as some basic shading and coloring techniques. The proportions and placement of facial features vary greatly depending on style and the artist’s preferences; if you’re drawing digitally, your options will be limited.
Step 1 – Structuring the Boy’s Head
Draw a half-circle at the top of the head and two downwards lines pointing in the same direction; see How to Draw Different Styles of Anime Heads for more information.
Step 2 – Drawing the Boy’s Ears
Because we’re drawing an anime boy rather than a real one, we’ll use different proportions: the ears will be roughly as tall as the distance between these two lines; real ears are higher on the head, but we’ll need to draw them proportionally smaller because we’re using anime boy proportions.
Step 3 – Drawing the Boy’s Eyes
Because we’re drawing a young boy, the eyes should be fairly large (tall), as larger and wider eyes give a character a younger appearance. For more information on drawing anime eyes, see:.
Step 4 – Drawing the Boy’s Nose
Real noses are higher on the face, but anime noses can be drawn lower on the face if you’re drawing characters with extremely large and tall eyes. For more information on drawing anime noses, see How to Draw Anime and Manga Noses – A Beginner’s Guide.
Step 5 – Drawing the Boy’s Mouth
To draw the mouth on an anime boy, draw another horizontal line between the nose and the chin, but slightly above it. This will give you the placement of the bottom lip, which is often not drawn at all in anime.
Step 6 – Drawing the Boy’s Hair
See How to Draw Anime Hair for more information on drawing anime hair.
Step 7 – Cleaning Up the Drawing
You may want to go over your drawing with a thicker stroke or darker lines once all of the facial features are in place and you’ve finished drawing the hair clean up. Once you’re done, you should have a nice and clean outline drawing of an anime boy’s head and face.
Step 8 – Anime Style Color & Shading
The shading technique used in anime and cartoons is known as “Cel Shading.” In short, it’s a type of shading in which the normal and shaded areas are separated by a hard line rather than a gradient. For help drawing the body, see How to Draw an Anime Boy Full Body Step by Step.
There are many ways to draw an anime character, but this tutorial will show you how to achieve a more common anime look for a young male character. For drawing the faces of older male anime characters, see:http://www.advice.co.uk/how-to-draw-a-female-anime-style-face/.
How do you draw an anime boy simple?
Step-by-Step Drawing of an Anime Male Character
- Draw the basic shape of the head, starting with a vertical line to ensure that both halves are even.
- Place the facial features as described earlier.
- Draw the hair after all of the facial features have been placed.
How do you draw a boy?
- Draw a large U shape on top.
- Add a cap of hair on top.
- Draw the face and hair details.
- Continue with the neck and shirt.
- Add shorts below.
- Draw legs and feet under the shorts.
- Add simple arms.
What anime is coolest?
The 30 Greatest Anime Series Ever
- Watch On: Funimation. Original Run: 1989-1996.
- Cowboy Bebop.
- Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood.
- Neon Genesis Evangelion.
- Revolutionary Girl Utena.
- Tatami Galaxy.
- Aku No Hana.
- DRAGON BALL Z.
What is the best anime drawing app?
10 Free Android Anime Drawing Apps
- JUMP PAINT.
- How to Draw Anime.
- Adobe Photoshop.
- CLIP STUDIO PAINT for manga.
- MediBang Paint.
- Best Manga Drawing.
- Draw Anime: Manga Tutorials.
- Draw Anime: Manga Tutorials.
Who is the best anime boy?
The 50 Sexiest and Hottest Anime Guys
- Natsu (Fairy Tail) Natsu Dragneel is a Fairy Tail Guild Mage.
- Wizard Howl (Howl’s Moving Castle)
- Hak (Yona of the Dawn)
- Yato (Noragami)
- L (Death Note)
- Tomoe (Kamisama Kiss)
- Edward Elric (Fullmetal Alchemist)
How do you draw a simple anime?
How to Draw Anime in 5 Easy Steps
- Create the basic structure of the character’s face first.
- Step 2: Add Facial Features.
- Step 3: Draw the Hair.
- Step 4: Add the Body.
- Step 5: Add Details and Ink the Drawing.