How to Draw Lips — Step by Step Guide
In this tutorial, we’ll learn how to draw lips, which are an important part of a person’s face. Drawing lips isn’t as difficult as you might think; all you need is a piece of paper and a pencil to get started!
When drawn correctly, the line should have the shape of a slope, which makes the lips appear more natural and less defined.
Step 2 — Draw a Line Forming the Upper Lip
In this step, we’ll draw the vermillion border of Cupid’s upper lips on each side of the cupid’s bow, then repeat on the opposite side to create the right side of Cupid’s upper lip. The upper lip outline should now be complete.
Step 3 — Draw the Left Side of the Bottom Lip
Draw a downward curved line from the left endpoint of the upper lip to the right; the further down you go when drawing the bottom lip, the plumper your lips will appear; the line should only be slightly curved if you want thin lips, but a downward sloping curved line if you want fuller lips.
Step 5 — Finalize the Form of the Upper Lip
Following the outline of the human face, draw a line from the middle of the lower lip to the centre of the upper lip, and a line inside the lips following the outlines of their upper lip and the lines of their lower lip.
Step 6 — Wrap Up the Form of the Bottom Lip
Draw a line from the bottom left corner of their upper lip to the middle of their lower lip, then extend the line halfway through their lips and draw a line along the inside of their upper lip.
Step 7 — Separate the Upper and the Bottom Lip
Step 2: Extend the line we drew in the previous step to the opposite end, forming tubercles on the bottom lip and separating the upper and lower lips.
Step 9 — Add Texture on the Surface of the Lips
Draw multiple curved lines on some parts of the edge of the lips. These lines typically exist on the edge of the lateral tubercles of both the upper and lower lip.
Your Lips Drawing is Complete!
We hope you enjoyed this step-by-step lips drawing tutorial; whether you’re a beginner or an expert in drawing, we’re confident you were able to follow the steps quickly and easily. Now that you can draw lips, you’re one step closer to drawing a realistic portrait of a human face.
How do you draw a simple lip?
How to draw lips in ten simple steps
- Step 1: Draw a Triangle. Draw a long isosceles triangle.
- Step 2: Draw a bow.
- Step 3: Draw the bottom lip.
- Step 4: Determine the light direction.
- Step 5: Shade the top and bottom lips.
- Step 6: Add lip wrinkles.
- Step 7: Blend the bottom lip.
How do you draw realistic lips easy?
In this tutorial, I’ll show you how to draw lips in the frontal view.
- Refine the outline and show the volume in the lower lip with two ovals.
- Add a shadow for the upper and lower lips with the HB pencil.
- Add some shading and tone to the whole drawing.
- Add the lines on the lips.
How do you draw a lip illustration?
Let’s get started learning how to draw lips!
- Draw a line going upwards from the left side of the middle of your paper.
- Step 2 u2014 Draw a Line Forming the Upper Lip.
- Step 3 u2014 Draw the Left Side of the Bottom Lip.
- Step 4 u2014 Complete the Outline of the Lips.
- Step 5 u2014 Finish the Upper Lip Form.
How do you draw realistic lips side view?
Drawing Lips from the Side:
- Step 1: Determine top and bottom lip placement.
- Step 2: Determine lip angle.
- Step 3: Draw a triangle.
- Step 4: Draw the mouth’s corner.
- Step 5: Draw the top lip.
- Step 6: Complete the top lip.
- Step 7: Draw the bottom lip.
- Step 8: Draw the upper and lower lips.