How to Draw a Rose – Easy Step by Step For Beginners and Kids
With just a few simple shapes and strokes, you’ll be drawing dozens of roses in no time. Printable instructions are included with the printable drawing template so you can practice wherever you are.
Roses are without a doubt one of the most beautiful (and fragrant) flowers, and we wanted to make this one as simple as possible. It was tested by a number of beginners, who were all pleasantly surprised at how beautiful their roses turned out.
Print out your own rose-directed drawing template by following the instructions below.
It doesn’t have to be perfect, because nothing in nature is, and it will look great no matter how you draw it.
Draw a small spiral inside the oval and imagine how it would look if it were moving at a million miles per hour.
Draw a heart with the cleft in the middle touching the oval shape – there’s nothing wrong with it if it doesn’t.
Start at the top and draw a nice curvy shape (like a very loose letter S), then make a pointy (V) shape and bring it to the bottom of the heart.
Make a similar shape on the opposite end of the heart, but without the pointy tip, and draw a line that connects the two shapes.
Can you make out the shape of a flower in the blossom?
Draw a line from the tip of the leaf to the base of the flower in the shape of a cherry blossom, and a curved line along the top of the blossom as if it were coming out of the blossoms.
Unlock VIP Printables – Become a Member
Easy Peasy and Fun is your one-stop shop for all things to do with your kids, including exclusive craft templates and educational printables.
How do you draw a simple rose?
- Draw the large right petal.
- Add the left petal behind the right.
- Draw the tops of two more petals.
- Draw the stem below the petals.
- Start the left leaves with the stem.
- Draw the leaves at each end.
How can a child draw a rose?
- Draw 6 circles.
- For each rose, begin with a curved line.
- Add another line.
How do you draw a beautiful rose flower for kids?
- Draw an oval.
- Add two curved lines.
- Connect the bottom.
- Draw a swirl.
- Add details, and erase the line.
- Draw a curved stem.
- Finish with leaves and thorns.
How do you draw a beautiful rose step by step?
Step-by-step instructions for drawing flowers
- Create layered circular outlines for where the petals will be.
- Then start adding the actual perals as shown in the photo below.
- Add petals to each layer.
- Add the bulb, stem, and leaves.
- Add thorns and any finishing touches.