How to Draw a Palm Tree
The easiest way to draw all those notches is to start with the overall shape first, then add the cut outs second, and voila, a tree with lots of beautiful palm leaves.
Draw a palm tree with 6 curved lines for the leaves. Add the coconuts, ocean, and clouds. Trace with a marker and color. Erase the openings of the V shapes in the leaves. Add the section lines and thicken the spines.
More Fun Tree Drawing Projects
How to Draw a Tree: Learn how to draw a simple tree, a difficult tree, and a tree with many branches and leaves.
What color is the trunk of a palm tree?
Tall varieties can reach a height of 20 to 30 m, while dwarf varieties are much shorter in stature. Trunk is light greyish brown in color, smooth, and marked with rings of leaf scars.
Are palm leaves edible?
While the leaves of the palm tree are too tough to eat, they have been used for building materials, paper, and some varieties produce edible fruits such as the coconut, date, and acai berry since ancient times.
How do you paint a palm tree for kids?
Draw the trunk of your palm tree with a pencil, then draw lines to indicate where the leaves will go. Paint the tree trunk with a dark brown color, let it dry, and then paint in another layer with a mixture of dark brown and a lighter brown.
How do you draw a cactus for kids?
- Draw the main cactus trunk.
- Add the two arms on the sides.
- Draw rib lines in the center.
- Add lots of rib lines on the right arm.
- Add lots of rib lines on the left arm.
- Add a horizon line and rocks.
- Add smaller cacti and a sun.
How do you draw a palm of your hand?
Drawing a Palm Up Hand
- With a pencil, draw the triangular base of your hand.
- Next, draw each finger, leaving a space before reaching the thumb, as shown below.
- Erase the triangular base originally drawn.
- Add palm lines to the interior of your hand to give it a realistic look.