How to Draw Anime and Manga Male Head and Face
When compared to their female counterparts or younger males, manga and anime male characters of this age tend to have larger chins and longer faces with smaller/narrower eyes. This step-by-step tutorial shows how to draw an anime or manga male head and face from the front and side views.
Draw a small curve on the chin, but not too pointy, or the character will appear less masculine.
Make a small bump around the eyebrow areas, followed by an indent that transitions into the nose area, and then draw a straight line from the tip of the nose to the bottom of the chin.
Step 2 – Drawing the Ears
How to draw anime male ears: Draw the ears with their top and bottom between two lines; you can see the inner details of the ears above, but you might want to save drawing these for after you’ve finished drawing the rest of the facial features.
Step 3 – Drawing the Eyes
The bigger and wider the eyes are, the younger your character will appear; in this case, the character is a young adult (or close), so the eyes will be smaller than those of a boy.
Step 4 – Drawing the Nose
Place the nose’s details so that the bottom is at the halfway point/line between the top of the eyes and the bottom of the chin. See How to Draw Anime and Manga Noses for more information on how to draw different styles of anime noses.
Step 5 – Drawing the Mouth
Male anime and manga characters tend to have wider mouths than females, so draw the mouth with a light curve and a small break in the middle. For more examples of anime mouths, see How to Draw Anime and Manga Mouth Expressions.
Step 6 – Drawing the Hair
Draw the hair over the top of the head to help position the facial features and to see how the hair sits on the head. For a more detailed explanation of “see through” drawing, see:Beginner Guide to Drawing Anime.
Step 7 – Drawing the Details & Finishing the Line Drawing
Then add details like pupils and highlights, and then go over your drawing with darker lines and black fill or pencil shading. Anime male face line drawing – how to draw male anime eyes
Step 8 – Add Some Shading
Basic shading entails adding small drop shadows from the hair on the forehead and sides of the face; see How to Shade an Anime Face in Different Lighting for examples of drawing an anime face in various lighting conditions.
Male anime heads and faces vary depending on style, but the older the character, the more they tend to differ from their female counterparts. For a 3/4 view drawing of a similar face, see How to Draw Male Anime Face Step by Step.
How do you draw a male anime character?
Step-by-Step Drawing of an Anime Male Character
- Draw the basic shape of the head, starting with a vertical line to ensure that both halves are even.
- Place the facial features as described earlier.
- Draw the hair after all of the facial features have been placed.
How do you draw a 3/4 face Boy?
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing a Male Anime Face in 3/4 View
- Anime male head top 3/4 view drawing. Step 2 u2013 Draw the Face Center Line.
- Step 3 u2013 Draw the Bottom of the Head.
- Step 4 u2013 Draw the Neck.
- Step 5 u2013 Draw the Ear.
- Step 6 u2013 Draw the Eyes.
- Step 7 u2013 Draw the Eyebrows.
- Step 8 u2013 Draw the Nose.
How do you draw a boy?
- Draw a large U shape on top.
- Add a cap of hair on top.
- Draw the face and hair details.
- Continue with the neck and shirt.
- Add shorts below.
- Draw legs and feet under the shorts.
- Add simple arms.
How do you draw a 3/4 side anime?
How to Draw a 3/4 View of an Anime Female Face
- Step 1 u2013 Draw the Top of the Head.
- Step 2 u2013 Draw the Face’s Center Line.
- Step 3 u2013 Draw the Bottom of the Face.
- Step 4 u2013 Draw the Facial Features.
- Step 5 u2013 Draw the Hair.
- Step 6 u2013 Cleaned Up Line Drawing.
- Step 7 u2013 Apply Color.
- Step 8 u2013 Apply Shading.