How to Draw a Tree Step by Step Tutorial
This simple tutorial shows how to draw a tree in four steps, with examples of a tree without leaves that shows all of the small branches. Drawing a tree like this is not difficult, but it does take patience to go over all of the small branches.
Step 2 – Draw the Trunk & Large Branches
Draw the tree’s shape from the inside out, then the trunk and larger branches. Keep in mind that the trunk and large branches will get thinner as they get closer to the top, so keep that in mind when drawing these parts.
Step 3- Draw the Smaller Branches
For the tree to look natural, you’ll need to add a lot of small branches. Keep in mind that while the small branches curve in slightly different directions, they tend to “fan out” around the tree, so draw accordingly. The smallest branches can be drawn with just one line each, which makes things a little faster and easier.
Step 4 – Finish the Drawing by Applying Shading
Simply shade the larger branches and trunk with a gradient, and you should have a finished drawing of a tree that is very lifelike.
This tutorial focuses on drawing a tree without leaves; for instructions on drawing leaves on a branch, see How to Draw a Tree Branch With Leaves Step-by-Step. Illustration of Leaves and Other Tricks To Draw a Sunflower Step-by-Step.
How do you draw a simple tree branch?
- Draw one side of the tree.
- Add the other side.
- Turn it into a Y shape.
- Draw two larger branches below.
- Draw two more branches below.
- Add random shorter branches.
- Draw a bumpy tree line around it.
How do you draw a tree branch with leaves?
Drawing a Tree Branch: Step-by-Step Instructions
- Draw a wavy, curved line to start the outline of the tree branch.
- Angle the wavy line downward and draw another wavy line beneath it.
- Continue the lower wavy line roughly parallel to the top line.
- Erase a portion of the tree branch’s bottom.
How do you draw ideas?
Ideas for Drawing: Imagination
- Create an alternate cover for your favorite book or album.
- Illustrate a scene from your favorite song.
- Draw a scene or character from your favorite book.
- Illustrate your favorite fairy-tale.
- Invent your own insects.
What are leaves called?
A leaf (plural leaves) is the main lateral appendage of a vascular plant stem, usually borne above ground and specialized for photosynthesis. The leaves, stem, flower, and fruit form the shoot system, which includes the leaves, stem, flower, and fruit.