How to Draw a Canyon — MapEffects | Josh Stolarz
Drawing canyons on your maps is a great way to add depth to the landscape and make the terrain more interesting, especially if you’re playing computer games like Pokemon Go or Might and Magic: The Grand Slam of Obstacle Course from World War Two.
All of the brushes I’ll be using in this tutorial are included in the Map Maker Essential Brushes pack for Procreate, and I’ve broken the process down into simple steps for you to follow.
How can I draw a map?
My method for drawing a map is fairly consistent:
- Doodle an outline. doodle in the outlines. doodle detail lines. doodle dark areas. doodle overall light and shade. doodle base colors. doodle detailed light and shade. doodle label. doodle label. doodle label. doodle label. doodle label. doodle label. doodle label. doodle label. doodle label. doodle label. doodle
How do you make a chasm on a map?
On a map, how do you draw a chasm?
- Use Vertical Lines to Indicate Depth.
- Use Horizontal Lines to Indicate Depth.
- Simple Chasm u2013 Just Use An Outline. This version is the quickest u2013 draw the ragged outline, starting small, gaping, and then joining back up again.
How can I make a simple map?
Make a map.
- Sign in to My Maps on your computer.
- Click Create a new map.
- Click “Untitled map” in the top left corner.
- Give your map a name and a description.
How do I create a color code map?
How to Make a Color-Coded Map: Steps
- Open your map.
- Click “Add.”
- Select “Boundaries.”
- Select the boundary you want to add to your map.
- Click “Download a Sample Spreadsheet.”
- Open the template in Excel.
- Copy and paste the updated spreadsheet into Mapline.
How do you draw a city on a map?
How to Make a Map of a Town
- Towns adapt to their surroundings.
- Place the major roads. Add the main roads. Roads get people where they need to go.
- Add the minor roads. Sketch in the minor roads.
- Draw in the houses. Sketch in the individual houses.
Where can I buy Wonderdraft assets?
Wonderdraft saves your maps, saves your preferences, and loads custom assets from the Wonderdraft user folder, which is located in the appdata folder under your Windows user folder for Windows users.