Easy How to Draw a Butterfly and Butterfly Coloring Pages
Try challenging your students to layer crayon color to jazz up their background; you don’t have to use oil pastels to do it; pressing hard with crayons and laying down lots of waxy color can also look amazing.
Using Drawing Guides
The best way to get students off to a good start is to show them how a couple of guides can really help as reference points. Drawing skills are all about seeing where to place one’s lines, so having some visual reference point will always help anyone learn how to be a little more accurate.
Materials for Butterfly Drawing
Prang Crayons are softer than other crayons, so they sometimes look like oil pastels, and Crayola has some of my favorite golden orange and yellow colors that are a bit richer and warmer.
Directions for How to Draw a Butterfly
Draw the body and head on the center line. Add two symmetrical top wings. Start and finish the symmetrical bottom wings on the top and bottom. Trace with a marker to add antennae, eyes, and ears.
Coloring Page Gallery
It’s never been easier to see and download so many coloring pages all in one place! Click on the buttons below to open the PDF, then look for a download arrow to save it to your desktop. You’ll have a free Butterfly Coloring Page that you can print as often as you want.
More Fun Insect Drawing Projects
This lady can draw a Luna Moth, Caterpillar Crayons, and a Chameleon!
How do you draw a simple butterfly step by step?
- Draw the body and head on the center line.
- Draw two symmetrical top wings.
- Draw two symmetrical bottom wings.
- Begin the symmetrical shapes on top.
- Finish the symmetrical shapes.
- Begin the bottom symmetrical shapes.
- Add two more shapes on each side.
What is butterfly life cycle?
The butterfly and moth develop through a process known as metamorphosis, which includes four stages: egg, larva, pupa, and adult.
How do you paint a butterfly for beginners?
Directions for a Step-by-Step Process:
- Paint the background.
- Paint the butterfly wings.
- Paint the butterfly body and outline the wings.
- Paint the black line details on the wings after the black outline has dried.
- Paint the white dots after the black outline has dried.
How do you make a butterfly?
Movement of the arms
- Extend your arms above your head and pull them in a semicircle toward your body, palms outward.
- Push your palms backward and pull your arms along your sides and past your hips.
- Recover. Finish the pull by dragging thumbs on your thighs.