How to Draw Comic Book Style Faces •Art Instruction Blog
I’ve been a fan of artist Robert Marzullo’s work for several years, and he recently shared some how-to videos on how to draw comic book style faces.
How to Draw Various Face Expressions – Step by Step
There are many ways to do this, but I wanted to show you how I practice this method before drawing my comics. Robert Marzullo explains how to draw a variety of facial expressions by adjusting a single sketch.
How to Draw – Comics Style – Female Faces – Narrated
Robert Marzullo explains some of the current techniques for drawing the female face in this narrated video using Manga Studio and a Wacom Cintiq. Visit Robert’s YouTube channel here.
How to Draw Comics – Head Proportions and Features – Video Tutorial
Robert Marzullo demonstrates how to segment a basic head shape using Sketchbook Pro 7 and Wacom Cintiq digital pencils in this video tutorial on How to Draw Comics u2013 Head Proportions and Features.
How to Draw A Comic Style Face – Hulk-ish Character
Robert Marzullo demonstrates how to draw the head of a more hulk-like brute in real time with narration so that you can follow along. Visit Robert’s YouTube channel here.
How to Shade a Face for COMICS ( Single Point Light )
We first establish a light source, then apply shadows and cross-hatching, as shown in Robert Marzullo’s How to Shade a Face for COMICS (Single Point Light). This is a basic approach, but it can be a great way to add simple light and shadow to your characters.
“How-to Draw” Comic Book Faces
Visit Robert’s YouTube channel for more information on how to draw comic book characters and famous cartoon characters, as well as his own YouTube channel, for more information on how to draw comic book characters and famous cartoon characters.
How to Draw a Pretty Face in REAL TIME!!!
Robert Marzullo demonstrates how to draw a pretty girl’s face step by step in real time in a comic book style, but the technique can be applied to many other art styles as well. The video was created with Manga Studio 5, which I really like.
How To Draw Attractive Women – Comic Book Style – Narrated by Robert Marzullo
Robert Marzullo narrates How To Draw Attractive Women in Comic Book Style. This is a more animated style, also known as American Comics. I go over what I think makes an attractive face and how to adjust your lines to achieve that look.
What apps do comic artists use?
If you want to draw comics, you’ll need a special app or software that includes features for creating comics and manga.
- Photoshop CC (Windows/macOS)
- Clip Studio Paint (Windows/macOS/iPad/iPhone/Android)
- Paint Tool SAI (Windows)
- Procreate (iPad)
- Corel Painter 2021 (Windows/macOS)
- Adobe Fresco (iPad/Windows)
- Adobe Photoshop CC (Windows/macOS)
What art style is comics?
Pop Art, which appropriated commercial objects such as product labels, magazine ads, and comics for the purpose of fine art, gave comic books their first true artistic expression.
How can I make a comic book online for free?
4 sites where you can make your own comics for free
- MakeBeliefsComix.com. Create your own comic strip with the help of MakeBeliefsComix.
- Pixton. Create your own comic strip, artists.
- ToonDoo. Create your own custom comic book with ToonDoo.
What are some good comic ideas?
101 Comic Book Concepts
- Someone moves to a new metropolis/town/hamlet that they are unfamiliar with.
- Thieves steal a valuable antique.
- A mysterious riddle is carved into a statue in the town square.
- Miners discover something while digging.
How do you start drawing cartoon characters?
How to Draw a Cartoon Character That Isn’t Scary
- Start with the head, which should be a medium-sized oval with small ears on each side.
- Draw the face.
- Sketch the body.
- Add the arms.
- Place the legs.
- Add shoes.
- Add some accessories.
How do you draw characters?
Consider the following tips, exercises, and techniques as you learn how to draw a polished character.
- Use references.
- Be loose.
- Use simple shapes.
- Apply S-curves and C-curves.
- Don’t be afraid to exaggerate.
- Check anatomy with a skeleton sketch.
- Pay attention to the eyes.
How do I make an anime comic?
How to Make Your Own Manga or Comic Book in 9 Easy Steps
- Step 1: Decide what kind of story you’re going to tell. Step 2: Write a quick summary of your manga. Step 3: Create character profiles.
How can I draw a better comic?
11 Tips for Getting Better at Drawing Comics
- TIP#1 Practice Daily!
- TIP#2 Create Finished Art!
- TIP#3 Ask for Constructive Criticism!
- TIP#4 Get Back to the Basics!
- TIP#5 Keep an Actual Sketchbook!
- TIP#7 Update your Portfolio Frequently!
Is comic draw free?
Comic Draw is the cheapest option when it comes to comic software; you can draw with your fingers, but if you want the most precise and lifelike strokes, you’ll need a graphics pen like the Apple Pencil.