Easy How to Draw a Butterfly and Butterfly Coloring Pages
Try challenging your students to layer crayon color to jazz up their background; you don’t have to use oil pastels to do it; pressing hard with crayons and laying down lots of waxy color can also look amazing.
Using Drawing Guides
The best way to get students off to a good start is to show them how a couple of guides can really help as reference points. Drawing skills are all about seeing where to place one’s lines, so having some visual reference point will always help anyone learn how to be a little more accurate.
Materials for Butterfly Drawing
Prang Crayons are softer than other crayons, so they sometimes look like oil pastels, and Crayola has some of my favorite golden orange and yellow colors that are a bit richer and warmer.
Directions for How to Draw a Butterfly
Draw the body and head on the center line. Add two symmetrical top wings. Start and finish the symmetrical bottom wings on the top and bottom. Trace with a marker to add antennae, eyes, and ears.
Coloring Page Gallery
It’s never been easier to see and download so many coloring pages all in one place! Click on the buttons below to open the PDF, then look for a download arrow to save it to your desktop. You’ll have a free Butterfly Coloring Page that you can print as often as you want.
More Fun Insect Drawing Projects
This lady can draw a Luna Moth, Caterpillar Crayons, and a Chameleon!
How do you draw a good butterfly step by step?
In ten easy steps, learn how to draw a butterfly.
- Step 1: Draw a straight line. Step 2: Draw a circle for the Butterfly’s head. Step 3: Draw the Body Outline.
- Step 4: Draw the Eyes and Antennae.
- Step 5: Mark the Starting Point of the Wings.
- Step 6: Place the Wings.
- Step 7: Outline the Wings.
- Step 8: Draw the Markings on the Wings.
How do you draw a very detailed butterfly?
1. How to Draw a Butterfly’s Body
- Draw a vertical oval for the torso.
- Draw a longer oval below
- this will be the abdomen.
- Draw a slim waist connecting the abdomen to the torso.
- Draw a circle on top of the bodyu2014this will be the head.
What is butterfly life cycle?
The butterfly and moth develop through a process known as metamorphosis, which includes four stages: egg, larva, pupa, and adult.
How do you make a butterfly?
Movement of the arms
- Extend your arms above your head and pull them in a semicircle toward your body, palms outward.
- Push your palms backward and pull your arms along your sides and past your hips.
- Recover. Finish the pull by dragging thumbs on your thighs.