Learn How to Draw Amazing Optical Illusions
We’re going to make optical illusion drawings, which are works of visual art that trick our eyes into seeing something that isn’t there. Drawing these illusions isn’t as difficult as it may appear, so let’s get started.
Draw an even number of lines extending outward from the dot to the edges of your paper, making sure there are no large gaps between them to enhance the illusion’s effect.
Draw a spider’s web on a piece of paper by drawing a curved line between each column and repeating until you reach the edge of the paper. Then, in the next column, draw a similar line in the opposite direction.
Fill in every other block in a row or column with one color; there should not be any two blocks with the same color directly to the left/right or directly above/below each other. It doesn’t matter what you use; markers seem to have a bolder touch than paints.
Step 5 (Optional)
Because I was using paint to color in the blocks, I decided to save this step for last so that my outline wouldn’t get painted over. The bold lines go a long way in making this illusion POP!
You’ve completed an optical illusion drawing! If it doesn’t look quite right, experiment with different tools to alter the appearance of your illusion. There are many interesting optical illusions online that you can use to create your own wild illusions.
How can I make my drawing look realistic?
How to Make a More Realistic Drawing
- Know and prepare your art supplies.
- Start with a light initial sketch, concentrating on the largest shapes first.
- Remember, there are no visible lines in realism.
- Create gradual, smooth transitions between your different values.
How do you make something look 3D when drawing?
- Use contour lines for irregular objects like circles, blobs, and so on.
- Always sketch in 3D.
- To draw a 3D object with vertices, draw one shape, duplicate it, connect the vertices, and then shade it.
Why is the impossible triangle impossible?
The Impossible Triangle cannot exist because it would require the violation of Euclidean geometry rules, such as the bottom bar of the tribar being spatially located to both the front and back of the tribar’s topmost point.
How do you make an impossible shape?
How Do I Draw Impossible Shapes? Impossible shapes are a type of optical illusion.
- Draw a triangle.
- Extend a line from each corner.
- Draw another line from each of those extensions that extends a bit over the corners.
- We’re almost done!
- Now comes the fun part: Connect the lines to create an impossible shape!
What is the impossible triangle illusion?
The Penrose triangle, also known as the Penrose tribar, impossible tribar, or impossible triangle, is a triangular impossible object that can be depicted in a perspective drawing but cannot exist as a solid object.
How can I draw better faces?
What is the best way to draw a face?
- Start with two circles to form the base of the head.
- Add construction lines to position the features.
- Experiment with different proportions.
- Line up the features.
- Start with the eyes.
- Add in the nose.
- Try different lip shapes.
- Think about the differences between male and female faces.